Mountain Valley Hospice is looking to expand its Interdisciplinary Team to serve patients in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton and Saratoga Counties.We are currently seeking an On Call RN to become a member of our Home Care Team who will visit patients in their homes, hospitals and nursing homes. The On Call RN must be available to work weekends and nights. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Visit patients to administer comprehensive physical assessments and check symptoms.
- Communicate with patients and their family to educate them on their plan of care, and how they can properly care for themselves.
- Document assessments and any communication with the patient and their family.
- Work with patients and their families to determine what their needs are, and ensure that they are met.
- Act in a professional and interpersonal manner with patients and their family.
- Coordinate with physicians to keep them up to date on the status and condition of patients.
- Work with the necessary community providers regarding patient care.
- Supervise and counsel the home healthcare staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have a Nursing Degree from an accredited school, and be registered to practice in NY State.
- 2+ years of previous experience working as an RN administering clinical and direct patient care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License is required.