Hospice Nurse Practitioner
Mountain Valley Hospice is looking to expand its Interdisciplinary Team to serve patients in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton and Saratoga Counties. We are currently seeking a Hospice Nurse Practitioner to visit patients in their homes, hospitals and nursing homes, as well as the Nancy Dowd Hospice Home when needed. The Nurse Practitioner must be available to work weekends and nights on a flexible basis. This is a part-time, permanent position.
- Work in collaboration with the Medical Director and other members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement patient plans of care.
- Conduct face-to-face patient visits and assessments and communicate significant findings and changes in condition or environment to the Medical Director.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of all activities in the electronic medical record.
- Work with patients and their families to determine what their needs are, and ensure that their needs are met, acting in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Supervise and counsel the clinical leaders.
- Assist with the development of clinical practice guidelines that support quality hospice care. Provide support for clinical issues as needed.
- Responsible for assuring agency compliance with standards of conduct and government regulations.
- Assist with in-services and clinical education of the interdisciplinary team.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences and in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program, attend staff meetings and complete required annual training.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers including: employees, physicians, facilities and community members.
- Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner training program required.
- Current RN and NP registration in NY State.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a national certifying organization in a related practice specialty area.
- 2+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner. Hospice, palliative care, oncology or home health care preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts and methodology of nursing appropriate for hospice patients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Positive leadership style.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated willingness to pursue and perform leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, decision-making responsibilities, and coaching, teaching and counseling skills.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License, reliable car and proof of current car insurance is required.