Mountain Valley Hospice is looking to expand its Interdisciplinary Team to serve patients in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton and Saratoga Counties. We are currently seeking an RN to become a member of our team who will work in our Hospice Home. The RN must be available to work weekends and evenings (3-11pm). This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Visit patients to administer comprehensive physical assessments and check symptoms.
- Communicate with patients and their family to educate them on their plan of care, and how they can properly care for themselves.
- Document assessments and any communication with the patient and their family.
- Work with patients and their families to determine what their needs are, and ensure that they are met.
- Act in a professional and interpersonal manner with patients and their family.
- Coordinate with physicians to keep them up to date on the status and condition of patients.
- Work with the necessary community providers regarding patient care.
- Supervise and counsel the healthcare staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have a Nursing Degree from an accredited school, and be registered to practice in NY State.
- 2+ years of previous experience working as an RN administering clinical and direct patient care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License is required.
Job Type: Full-time