Mountain Valley Hospice is looking to expand its Interdisciplinary Team to serve patients in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton and Saratoga Counties.We are currently seeking an RN Case Manager to become a member of our Home Care Team who will visit patients in their homes, hospitals and nursing homes. The RN Case Manager must be available to work weekends and nights on a flexible basis. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Perform an initial and weekly comprehensive physical assessments of a group of patients.
- Assist in the development and implementation of that group of patients’ plans of care.
- Communicate with patients and their family to educate them on their plan of care, and how they can properly care for themselves.
- Work with patients and their families to determine what their needs are, and ensure that they are met, acting in a professional and interpersonal manner with patients and their family.
- Coordinate with physicians to keep them up to date on the status and condition of patients.
- Work with the necessary community providers regarding patient care.
- Maintain an accurate medical record, documenting assessments, plans of care and any other information pertinent to the care of the patient.
- Supervise and counsel the home healthcare staff.
- Participate in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program, attend staff meetings and complete required annual training.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have a Nursing Degree from an accredited school, and be registered to practice in NY State.
- 2+ years of previous experience working as an RN administering clinical and direct patient care. Hospice, palliative care, home health care preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License, reliable car and proof of current car insurance is required.